Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Always Darkest - Rachel


There's the old adage: "It's always darkest before the dawn", well, I've been thinking on this saying and wondering what it says about sunset. Sunsets are like a nightly lightshow, sometimes glamourous and full of color and othertimes subtle, a wan goodbye, but always the last hurrah of the dying light. On the evening that I took this photo I was compelled to pull off the freeway and seek a spot from which to shoot. I hesistated posting it because while the sky seemed inspired, I'm feeling anything but. I've not posted an image for a while and am not sure that the absence is noticed, I'm feeling a bit sunset-ish and hoping that the night isn't too long.

1 comment:

  1. The absence is noticed. Love your photos, they inspire me! Thanks friend

    ReplyDelete